Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Maleficent & Sleeping Beauty inspired nail art

If you’re like me, the villains are always your favorite. Maleficent and Lady Tremaine have always been my particular favorites (what 6 year old likes a mean old woman with gray hair? me!), so when Pretty Jelly and I started on our awesome collaboration, I knew I wanted to do something inspired by villains. (Scroll all the way down for amazing nail art from my favorite bloggers!)

maleficent21

For the Maleficent-inspired I KNOW YOU set, Liz made a gorgeous blackened holographic green polish, and I made a nail stencil set with deep, pointy Vs, ravens, and enchanted fire.

IMG_0447   IMG_0543

For the adventurous, there’s also a multi-nail dragon stencil that I am 100% totally in love with.

IMG_0495

Here’s the polish alone. It’s amazing in person, and the formula is perfect for use with the stencils, or alone. I’m always on the hunt for a good dark green that doesn’t scream “TREES” and this is it.

IMG_0534

Order the I KNOW YOU set from my etsy store for $18
It’s limited edition, so don’t wait until it’s too late.

 

Pretty Jelly has also cooked up a gorgeous blue holo with pink shimmer. It’s really a beautiful color with the perfect amount of dreamy, princessy color shift.

il_570xN.606857699_2n4h

The ONCE UPON A DREAM stencils are pure-hearted and sweet. There are animal friends (squirrels and little birds), fairy dust, briar rose flowers with heart-shaped petals, and crowns. The crowns make amazing half-moon manis! Look at her thumb!

il_570xN.606758596_pkd2

There are also scalloped edge pieces for pretty French manicures or half-moon manicures. There’s also a dress stencil like Aurora’s dress from her big dance number with the prince.

il_570xN.606857729_is9s

Buy the ONCE UPON A DREAM nail art set from Pretty Jelly for $18. Quantities are limited!

 

stencil-previews

 

 

I know with nail art, it’s always fun to see more than one take on the same idea, so take a look at these!

lissamel9-sleeping-beauty-nails

 

lissamel9-maleficent-nails

 

wondrously-polished-sticky-nails-review-pretty-jelly-indie-nail-polish 5
From Wondrously Polished (Click the pic for her review)

 

wondrously-polished-sticky-nails-review-pretty-jelly-indie-nail-polish 4
From Wondrously Polished (Click the pic for her review)

 

sticky-nails-i-know-you-003
Gnarly Gnails (click the pic for her review)

No comments:

Post a Comment