Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Spider web nail stencils

If you’re an every-day-is-Halloween kind of person (like me!) you’ll have a lot of reasons to wear spider webs on your nails, even when it’s not October.

sticky-nails-spiderweb-nail-stencil-nail-art-480x480

Arden from Black Cat Nails did this amazing black and silver spider web nail art, with spider webs at the edges of her nails, rather than centered, and a cute little “AH!” in textured polish. I copycatted her striking colors for my own spooky manicure.

 

sticky-nails-spiderweb-stencils-02

I lovelove that Arden put a red mark on the spider’s back to make it a Black Widow, so for my own nails, I used a dotting tool to make the tell-tale red mark. My initial idea was to use a red heart sequin, but when I polished over it, the clear coat smeared all the red off. Because I put a coat of Seche Vite on between each layer, I was able to clean up the smear more easily. Seche Vite is Sticky Nails’ BFF.

 

sticky-nails-spiderweb-stencils-01

Colors used: Sonia Kashuk – Starry Night, OPI – Haven’t the Foggiest, and ORLY – Star Spangled

 

The spider web stencils are a little bit tricky because you have to remove all those little inset pieces before you can use them. I recommend that you get all your stencils ready before you start spookifying your nails so that you don’t smudge or bump a precious web. Additionally, I always spend a little extra time with these stencils to make sure that every little bit of the stencil is pressed firm against my nail. Sometimes I use cuticle nippers to cut the stencil and wrap it around the end of my nail if it’s not sticking right. I have a lot of curvature in my nails to that happens a lot. See what I mean here:

spiderweb-nails-how-to

 

Two types of bat stencils are included on the stencil sheet. Here’s an example of the “double feature” bats:

stickynails-bat-nail-stencil
The polish is so reflective that it’s reflecting my skin tone! I love Haven’t the Foggiest.

 

Polish off your bewitching manicure with Sticky Nails spider web nail stencils currently for sale on Etsy.

stickynails-spiderwebs-sheet

 

 

sticky-nails-logo-large

1 comment:

  1. This is just awesome! Thank you so much for including me. Your design looks incredible of course, I LOVE the spider. I am still in love with these stickers, I actually just used the nail tip ones today before heading out the door.

    ReplyDelete